Dear Dexter Township Residents,
I want to express my heartfelt thanks to the community for your patience with us as we have grappled with opening and closing the office.
Since the end of September, we have had extreme exposure to two people who had symptoms and then tested positive for COVID. We are doing our best in this uncertain environment to make the best choices to protect our staff, their families and you. At the Board of Trustees meeting last night, we talked about ALL the possibilities. Since every other municipality in our area is open and restrictions are being lifted, we decided to follow these guidelines:
- Dexter Township will be open for regular business from 8:30 to 4:30, Monday through Friday.
- We are asking the residents to limit the use of the lobby whenever possible:
- Please use drop box to drop documents/tax payments/etc. Indicate the response you would like. Drop box is checked twice daily.
- Please call ahead for an appointment if you wish to speak to an elected official or staff person. We are here for you.
- Please wear masks when you enter the building. We are wearing masks when we are in a public area and greeting our visitors.
- Please refrain from using the public bathrooms in the building unless necessary.
- We are asking all staff and elected officials to stay home if they have ANY A negative COVID test will be required to return to office and there will be a 10-day quarantine from office for any individual testing positive for COVID.
All of our Open Meetings will now be in person at the Township Hall! The Board Members will sit behind a Plexiglas screen for clarity and safety and we will expect the public to wear masks during the meeting.
Thank you again for your support and patience. Our intention has been to continue to serve throughout the ups and downs of this pandemic,
Diane Ratkovich, Supervisor